Online Learning Update Ray Schroeder, editor, COLRS - Online@Illinois Springfield

Online Learning Update - a blog published daily since 2001 by Ray Schroeder, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Springfield

Tuesday, August 06, 2002

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/08/05/Technology/Online_PE_class_is_mo.shtml

Online PE class is more than mouse clicks
JEFF GUSSOW, St. Petersburg Times

Taking a class such as English or algebra online probably wouldn't raise an eyebrow. But physical education? The mere mention that my online class is PE (now known as personal fitness) brings the "You've got to be kidding" look from friends and laughs from adults. But it's how I spent part of my summer vacation. Going to class meant traveling from my bed to the PC. But don't think that I sat in front of a computer and did curls by lifting a monitor, or worked out with mouse clicks and keyboard strokes. I actually had to do physical activities. Real sweat. Honest....

 



Comments: Post a Comment


Fair Use